POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Webring : Re: POV-Ray Webring Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Webring
From: Rune
Date: 23 May 2001 07:56:27
Message: <3b0ba56b@news.povray.org>
"Bob H." wrote:
> Hm, well I have my POV-Ray web page linked up to
> the web ring from http://webring.povray.org/
>
> These are two different things, right?  Or am I wrong?

They're two different rings.

POV-Ray Webring
Hosted at http://webring.povray.co.uk
Run by the Yahoo! WebRing service.
Currently has 135 members.
You can customize the NavBar (including the graphics) very much in this
ring.
The RingMaster of this ring is me.

POV-Ray New Ring
Hosted at http://webring.povray.org
Run as an independend service.
Currently has 34 members.
You have to use a certain image for the NavBar.
The RingMaster of this ring is Guillermo Sanz Romero, who was the person who
started the original POV-Ray Webring. When Yahoo! took over the service, he
left the original ring and started this new one.

I hope that's clear now. I probably should include this information on the
homepage to avoid confusion.

Rune
--
RingMaster of POV-Ray Webring